Winnipeg

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

In honor of the August Long, Winnipeg's hottest weekend (hopefully!), we wanted to share with you our favorite sangria recipes!

Yaffa - The Mix-n-Berry
My love for sangria began on the many patios here in Winnipeg. This year, there seems to be more options than ever to have a tasty pitcher of Red or White Sangria! Some of my favorites include Confusion Corner Bar & Grill, Segovia and Earl's Sangria.

However, when it comes to making sangria at home (or at the lake) I choose the 'non-recipe' method!

Ingredients:
1 bottle of your favorite wine (Red or White) - My favorite is Red for a bold flavor. Try a nice Spanish or South American wine like Espritu de Argentina
1 container of juice (any flavor) - I love using Sun Rype's Mango Tangerine
2-3 different types of berries or fruits - Such as blueberries, raspberries or oranges
A splash of Scotch or Whisky - For a bold kick!
Sliced Orange rounds - For the glasses
Lots of Ice

Preparation:
Pour wine into a big pitcher with lots of ice and the berries of your choice at the bottom. Add the juice - make sure the juice doesn't overpower the wine (I usually use the entire wine bottle and most of the juice). Add the splash of scotch or whisky. Make sure not to add too much as this ingredient should only compliment the flavors with a slight bold taste. Stir everything together in the pitcher. Pour over ice in large glasses and serve with the orange rounds on the rim. Then enjoy!

Carly - White Sangria
I have to confess that I am not a huge wine lover but I do enjoy sangria. Although red sangria brings back memories from a trip to Spain, I decided to go for white sangria for a change. When I came across this recipe with peach schnapps, I knew I'd love it! Unlike Yaffa, I am a girl who needs recipes but feel free to adjust the proportions to your liking.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Peach Schnapps
1/4 cup Cognac
1/8 cup White Sugar (you can substitute honey if you prefer)
2 Oranges, sliced into rounds
1 Mango, peeled and sliced
2 (750 millilitres) Bottles Dry White Wine such as Pinot Grigio, chilled
1/2 Litre Ginger Ale, chilled

Preparation:
In a pitcher, combine peach schnapps, cognac, sugar, sliced oranges and sliced mangos. Chill for at least an hour. Stir in white wine and ginger ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib